Thursday 4 March 2010

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I put off reading this book for most of 2009. The blurb on the back was challenging - a reality TV show where all the teenagers had to kill each other off! I don't think so.

But then my stepson got the book for Christmas - he devoured it in 2 days. My husband read it in the post-Christmas eat/sleep-fest: he couldn't stop talking about it. Finally I had to see what all the fuss was about.

As my family where fighting over whose turn it was to read #2 of the trilogy, 'Catching Fire', I settled into 'The Hunger Games'. They lost me for 3 days.

Katniss and Peeta became members of my family. Section 12 and the tactics of the games crept into my dreams. Somehow their survival became linked to mine..., perhaps in my dreams I could influence what happened in this 'brave new world'? The line between reality and fantasy, real and impossible became blurred.

I haven't been haunted by a story like this for such a long time. It was wonderful!

Just in....the latest Trailer for the movie! Can't wait - it gives me goosebumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.