Monday 9 August 2010

Alone #1 Chasers by James Phelan

I'm still not sure about this one. The beginning didn't grab me, but I kept going to see what the disaster was going to be.
I love a good disaster/apocalyptic story and the disaster that occurs in Alone: Chasers is pretty catastrophic and dramatic. 

However the pace throughout was very slow and I struggled to engage with the characters. I found myself skimming through the pages to find the hook or the point to the story.

It didn't happen until the last chapter...it was a long wait, but it was a beauty! I didn't see it coming & there was an elegant simplicity to the twist that I enjoyed. Will it be enough to make me read #2 Survivor? Stay posted...

1 comment:

  1. Chasers left me with an empty feeling. I didn’t like the book, but didn’t dislike it either. First off, the characters fell flat for me. Two of them I liked, but the rest felt out of place or were just not interesting. There was a lot of running and talking in this novel. I thought that there would be some serious zombie (vampire?) action, but there wasn’t and that left me a little irritated. The zombies were thirsty for ANYTHING. Blood is a liquid; therefore, I believe they should be called zombie vampires. The concept was cool and weird at the same time. The plot was very slow and a tad boring at some parts. I started to skim some pages and it still kind of bored me.

    regards,
    irene of Litecubes

    ReplyDelete

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.