If reading 75 classics in 5 years for the Classics Club wasn't enough to keep me busy, I'm also reading Booker, Nobel, Pulitzer and now, Orange prize winning books!
But I figure that it wont be that hard for five reasons.
1. a number of the books appear on several lists.
2. my four new challenges have no time limit attached to them.
3. I've already read quite a few of the titles but just haven't blogged about them all.
4. I need to read a number of these award winning titles for work anyway.
5. I want to read more women writers and the Orange challenge in particular will help me with that.
In January, the Orange prize changed it's name to The Women's Prize for Fiction.
The longlist for 2013 is due out on Thursday.
Of the list below, I've only read one title - Fugitive Pieces from 1997.
However, when I scan the shortlists I can see another 8 books to tick off. There are many more titles on the longlists as well as all the books from the six year 2005 -2010 where they also awarded a prize to new writers.
So many books, so little time!
Time to stop blogging and time to get reading.
Past Winners of The Orange Prize for Fiction