Wednesday 12 February 2014

Whisky, Charlie, Foxtrot by Annabel Smith

It is with deep gratitude and thanks to Lisa Hill at ANZ LitLovers LitBlog that I give you this book, Whisky, Charlie, Foxtrot.

Over the summer holidays I was browsing book blogs & Australian book bloggers in particular.

I found & read Lisa's review for this book and knew straight away that I had to read it for myself.

I agree with Lisa, that the cover is not great, but the story inside is a wonderful treat from start to finish.

I believe this book is officially designated as Young Adult, but it could happily be read by anyone who enjoys a book about nuanced, complicated family relationships. Personal growth, perspective and memory play a large role in this story.

Smith deftly avoids smultzy scenes. Instead she delivers a heart-felt, authentic journey through the lives of twins, William & Charlie.

I enjoyed this book so much, I have been searching for Annabel's previous book A New Map of the Universe. However, sadly, it seems to be out of print.

2 comments:

  1. I remember Lisa's review of this one. It sounds intriguing, but I agree, the cover isn't tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brona, I just saw your review - thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked the book. Next year it will be out in the US with a new cover, so it will be interesting to see how similar or different it is.

    ReplyDelete

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.