Saturday 23 August 2014

Japanese Literature Challenge

I've been blogging for 5 years now & I'm still surprised by just how HUGE this book blogging world really is.

Thanks to Tamara at Thyme for Tea (who I only found recently when I joined in my first Paris in July challenge) I've just discovered the Japanese Literature Challenge hosted by Bellezza at Dolce Bellezza.

This is its eighth year (really!) and right now it's perfect for me.

I bought my brand new copy of Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Year of Pilgrimage on the 12th August (with bonus stickers!)

Thanks to visitors and family birthday's though, I've only just started it this week.

The first night was taken up with sticker mania.

I spent some time trolling through instagram & twitter to see what others had done with their stickers.

Most people were being quite creative with their cover designs, although a few were hilarious in their "lets just put all the stickers on as carelessly as possible" method.

However I realised very quickly that this cover design thing was not going to work for me.

As soon as I spied the sheet of stickers - I knew what I wanted to do.

Therefore I plan to read through the book and as I spot the phrase that represents a sticker I will add it to that page. Simple!

The only problem so far is that 5 of the stickers are in Japanese script. I have absolutely no idea what they say!

So now that I've sorted out the sticker situation; I'm reading to get stuck in.

This readalong & I are a match made in heaven!

2 comments:

  1. Brona - thank you for the lovely post you left on my blog - much appreciated. I've been reading about this Japanese challenge for years but still haven't participated. Hope you will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad you're reading along (and so happily jealous for you that you have stickers!). The US edition was without, but not doesn't mar the enjoyment of this wonderful book. Remember that discussion questions go up September 12 if you choose to answer them, but of course reviews and thoughts are welcome any time. I'm sure I'll put up at least one more before then. Happy reading! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.