Wednesday 1 April 2015

Zoladdiction

Another month; another readalong.

I've been trying to read Zola's Germinal for nearly 2 years now. The problem is not the book. It's the format.

My only copy of Germinal (until this week) was on my epad. And it turns out I hate reading books on my epad! I love paper books too much.

I was delighted to see that Fanda is once again hosting Zoladdiction during April (Zola's birth month)...and better still...that there will be a Germinal readalong within that.

Win/win!

My paper edition is translated by Raymond MacKenzie.

I chose this edition after checking out the various translations options at this site - Compare Literary Translations.

I hope you can join us.

#germinalRA
#zoladdiction2015


4 comments:

  1. Enjoy! Wish I could squeeze Germinal in this month...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to read Germinal for soooo long! This might be the perfect time to finally pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm joining - love this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not joining in the read-along (I'm obsessed with Trollope at the moment) but good luck -- I loved Germinal! I read the Tancock translation in Penguin classics. It's just a brilliant novel. Germinal turned me into a huge Zola fan.

    ReplyDelete

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.