Tuesday 24 April 2012

Rudie Nudie by Emma Quay

"A delightful celebration of those nudie moments between bath and bed time from award-winning author and illustrator Emma Quay. "

This is not my favourite nominee for this years CBCA.
I found the rhyme to be clunky in places as it tries too hard to be light-hearted and fun-filled.

The illustrations, though, are delightful and whimsical.
They remind me of my nephew - when he was little he loved to run around the house naked after his bath too - enjoying the freedom and the textures of household furnishings!

P.S. I recently read this to a group of 2-3 year olds - they giggled with joy all the way through the reading. Rudie Nudie is actually open to adding your own sound effects and facial expressions to give the text a lift.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.