Tuesday 21 October 2014

Once Upon An Alphabet by Oliver Jeffers

I confess that I have a bit of a thing for Oliver Jeffers.

I love his cartoony drawings, I love his sense of humour, I love his quirky ideas on friendship, belonging, fear & the environment & I love his choice of words.

Once Upon An Alphabet: Short Stories for all the Letters is simply another reason for me to love him.

Each letter of the alphabet gets the Jeffers' treatment - 3 pages packed with words and images celebrating that particular letter.

Each tale is a combination morality tale or fable dealing with actions & consequences, problem solving, connections & word play.

This lovely hardcover new release will make the perfect Christmas gift for your favourite 4+ early reader. 

2 comments:

  1. You always review the most adorable children's books. I've checked my local library for some of them, but they are not always available here. Or maybe it's just my little, lame library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth :-)

      Most of the picture books I review are new releases and usually Australian or British, which may explain why they haven't turned up in your local library yet. Keep asking them though as it encourages them to check it out...and maybe add it onto their next budget.

      Delete

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.