Thursday 16 April 2015

CBCA 2015 Shortlist

How can it possibly be a year since last year's Children's Book Council Awards? 

But it is...and here it is in all it's glory!
 I have read all these books but only reviewed two.
I will add to the list below as I write up the rest.

Reviews
Rivertime 
 Fire

Reviews

Reviews

Reviews

 Reviews



I think the illustrations in One Minute's Silence are extraordinary for the power of emotion the convey & I love the humour in Pig the Pug.
The Tea & Sugar Christmas was a fascinating story about a little known bush Christmas tradition & I love Graham Byrne's illustrations in Emu.
Noni the Pony Goes to the Beach has pranced into my heart this year & I hope that Rossell writes a follow-up to Withering-by-Sea sooner rather than later.

Which one's have you read?
Any favourite's?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous17/4/15

    Great list of children's books....I'll see if any of these are available all the way here in The Netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just started the older readers book, The Minnows - amazing writing, although the content might make it hard for school libraries to stock it.

      Hope you can find some of these in the Netherlands.

      Delete

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.