Friday 2 October 2015

The Princess in Black and the Perfect Princess Party by Shannon & Dean Hale


The Princess in Black is back!

With the same sassy monster fighting moves and the same sparkly princess bling, Princess Magnolia returns ready to tackle a birthday party full of unsuspecting princesses.


I love the monster fighting onomatopoeia like 'tiara trip' and 'twinkle twinkle little smash'. I also admire Princess Magnolia's dedication to the cause despite the temptation to ignore the persistent and badly timed monster alarm.


The only disappointment with this sequel is not enough goat-boy time. I was hoping that goat-boy would become the Princess in Black's trusty sidekick. Instead goat-boy barely gets a mention and we see a new possibility for sidekick in the unfortunately named Princess Sneezewort.


But perhaps the Princess in Black, with her strong girl-power, can-do attitude doesn't need a sidekick other than her faithful steed?


What will book three, The Princess in Black and the Hungry Bunny Horde hold in store for us?


This is my first book in my 15in31 challenge (yay me!!)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/10/15

    Good luck with 15 book in 31 days....I keep thinking about you and hope you can maintain the pace!
    I enjoyed this review and ordered it via my library.
    While looking on the internet I read a mother's comment: "My daughter cried when we had to take the book back to the library"
    Now, that is a book I HAVE to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as book recommendations go, it doesn't get much better than that!

      As luck would have it, I have a niece turning 5 this month...and Aunty Brona always gives books. Between this and I'm A Girl (reviewed last month) my girl-power present buying is done :-)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3/10/15

    There's only one Princess in Black book at our library, but we love it! We've borrowed it a couple of times already. Despite a lack of goat-boy, this will go onto the "potential Christmas gift" list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to petition your library to get book two in pronto. I believe book 3 is due out in the New Year.

      Delete

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.