Wednesday 6 July 2011

Books That Make Me Cry

Time for another list.

I don't have many books that make me cry. 
They're probably very traditional but here they are...
(when I say cry - I mean a lump in my throat, a constricted feeling around my heart and a few heartfelt tears - I don't think any book has ever made me sob uncontrollably).

Little Women and Good Wives by LM Alcott
Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery
Seven Little Australians by Ethel Turner
The Bridge To Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
Looking For Alibrandi by Marlena Marchetta
The Power of One by Bryce Courtney
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak 
Room by Emma Donoghue.


Children's Books that almost make me cry...
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.
Are You My Mother by Dr Suess
Herbert The Brave Sea Dog by Robyn Benton
The Story of Ping by Marjorie Flack
Heart in the Bottle by Oliver Jeffers
Harry and Hopper by Margaret Wild
Koala Lou by Mem Fox
Dogger by Shirley Hughes
The Little Drummer Boy


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.