Sunday 20 April 2014

I've An Uncle Ivan by Ben Sanders

I've An Uncle Ivan by Ben Sanders has been shortlisted for this years Children's Book Council Crichton Award for New Illustrators which is the perfect award for this book to be in, as the illustrations are far better than the text (sorry Ben).

I'm a bit fussy with my rhyming texts and I need something more than the opening page,
"I've an Uncle Ivan
 who's drivin' a pie van."


But the retro cartoon style pictures are fun & groovy.
The mayhem of colour and action increases with each added relative and form of transport.



1 comment:

  1. Such a charming book with awesome art work!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.