Jillian at Random Ramblings has challenged us to list the ten most influential books in our lives...without any supporting commentary!
She says "I love a lot of books. However, I've learned that the favorites list and the most influential list are two completely different things."
Without any further ado, here is my personal list of influential books.
1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
2.To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
4. Albert Speer: His Battle With Truth by Gitta Sereny
5. The Colour Purple by Alice Walker
6. A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth
7. Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie
8. Cloudstreet by Tim Winton
9. The Great World by David Malouf
10. It & The Stand by Stephen King
Some of these books have been reviewed elsewhere on my blog, so you can find out the how & why of their influence on me by clicking on the links.
The rest if for you to guess :-)
What books have had a profound influence on you over the years?
I found that my favourites, childhood favourites, the books that have stayed with me and the books above share many of the same titles.