Saturday 1 November 2014

AusReading Month 2014 - Master Post

Phew!
I made it.

I've had a hectic schedule lately.
At one point I wasn't quite sure how I was going to fit AusReading Month in.
But here we are, for better or worse, ready to read all things Aussie for the next four weeks.

November is our month long celebration of all things Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

Join us as we read, review and blog about Australian books - classics, contemporary, children's, poetry, non-fiction, short stories, popular, literary, award-winning whatever.

The only stipulation is that it has to be written by an Australian based author or predominantly set in Australia.


This is the official MASTER POST for AusReading Month where you can link all of your posts & reviews.

Comments will be available on each post that I publish over the month, but this is the only post that will have the linky below.

The rules are simple: read one, two or more Australian books throughout the month of November. Write a review on your own blog and link it back here.

Visit and comment on your fellow bloggers posts to build up a community of Aussiephiles.

What will I be reading this year?


I hope to finish The Life and Crimes of Harry Lavender by Marele Day, Golden Boys by Sonya Hartnett, The Forgotten Rebels of Eureka (nf) by Clare Wright, The Biggest Estate on Earth (nf) by Bill Gammage, The Bee Hut (poetry) by Dorothy Porter & an assortment of picture books.

I also have a pictorial blog called Four Seasons, which will feature all Australian photos this month.

How to join in AusReading Month?

Simply leave your review or Aussie-related post in the linky below.
Please follow the same formula to make it easy for everyone to see what your post is about and who you are.

The formula is - NAME of BOOK/POST (name of blog/your name in brackets after it).
E.g.  'Introductory Post (Brona)'.

You can keep the AusReading Month love alive by following & commenting on Instagram and Twitter.

Please use the hashtags #ausreadingmonth and #bronasbooks.


12 comments:

  1. Hi Brona, I just linked but didn't realise the name of the book I read wouldn't show! It was For the Term of His Natural Life by Marcus Clarke. Great idea for a link up, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just added it but sorry, you ended up with 2 entries for the one book...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay Carol, I was able to fix it via the linky master page:-)

      Thanks for the great review.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous6/11/14


    Harp in the South was a great book! Thank you so much for the suggestion!
    I linked my review to this master post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Tea. I'm so excited. I've wanted to read about Australia for a long time. Have to admit my fondness is still in the baby stage. Your header on the Twitter page made my liking of Australia zip up ten more pts. So this is going to be a good month.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brona I tried linking my Pete the Sheep post, but it doesn't seem to have worked. I've already waited a while. I'll try again tomorrow I guess if it doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've checked InLinkz and everything appears to be live and working. Maybe it was just an overnight glitch?
      I hope you try again today.

      Delete
  6. Just posted a link to a book by Nevil Shute. Thanks, Brona.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Managed to squeeze one more in. Thanks for the link up this month. Looking forward to next years'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed your month with lots of Aussie books:-)

      Delete
  8. I had high hopes starting off. I did enjoy reading the Australian book. I will definitely finish it. For the Australian week or month, I didn't get very far. Hope you will have this challenge again. This is the book. Lots of the bloggers spoke well of this book. They were right. I fell in love with the sisters and the mother. It's The Ladies of Missalonghi by Colleen McCullough. Because of this book, I began to really like Australia. That happened within sixty pages. Thanks for giving this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed The Ladies of Missalonghi - I've read it a few times & find it utterly delightful.
      But there is controversy surrounding this story & it's similarities to a LM Montgomery's book call The Blue Castle - you can read my review of both here

      Thanks for joining in - hope to see you again next year :-)

      Delete

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.