However, it is AusReading Month during November so this time around I wanted to highlight as many Aussie classics as possible.
I only have 5 left on my classics club list as I read quite a few during last year's AusReading Month.
I've also cheated a little by only picking small sized classics.
I definitely do not need another chunkster in my life right now!
My previous spins have been mostly successful and/or enjoyable:
#1 The Magnificent Ambersons with Cat.
#2 Tess of the D'Urbervilles with Lakeside Musings & Several Four Many.
#3 My Cousin Rachel.
#4 The Brothers Karamazov with Bree who also read a Dostoyevsky novel for this spin.
I'm still reading this chunkster...very slowly...and with lots of breaks. A good editor would have been helpful :-)
#5 The Odyssey with Plethora of Books.
This one was a bit of a cheat as I had started it for another readalong, but struggled to finish.
I added it to my list to motivate me to finish it.
When no. 20 spun up it seemed like the gods had decreed it so!
#6 No Name by Wilkie Collins with Melbourne on My Mind.
#7 Silent Spring by Rachel Carson with Booker Talk.
So without any further ado...here is my list with a twist for CC Spin #8.
1. The Dig Tree by Sarah Murgatroyd
2. The Getting of Wisdom by Henry Handel Richardson
3. The Great World by David Malouf (reread)
4. Swords of Crowns and Rings by Ruth Park
5. The Watch Tower by Elizabeth Harrower
6. A Good School by Richard Yates
7. The Good Earth by Pearl S Buck
8. My Antonia by Willa Cather (shared author with JoAnn @Lakeside Musing)
9. Stoner by John Williams
10. This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
11. Dubliners by James Joyce (reading with Sandra @That is the Day)
12. Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell (reading with Melissa @ Jayne's Books)
13. Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh
14. A Far Cry From Kensington by Muriel Spark
15. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte (reading with Melissa @ Jayne's Books - Melissa for some strange reason I am unable to leave comments on your blog. I've tried filling in the boxes but it never lets me click on the wordpress or intensedebate options. Help!)
16. Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
17. Corinne, or Italy by Staël
18. The Dream by Emile Zola (shared author with Cleo @Classical Carousel)
19. Out of Africa by Karen Blixen
20. Death in Venive by Thomas Mann (shared with Andrew @Book Heathen)
On Monday 10th, the Classics Club will do their magic mumbo jumbo and the lucky spin number will be revealed!
What will you be reading?
Monday - The lucky spin this time around is the unlucky 13!
When I get to number 13 in Big Book of Numbers I will be able to tell you why 13 is considered unlucky.
But for now I have Vile Bodies to read by January 5th 2015.