Tuesday 15 May 2018

My Blog's Name in Books

In the past few weeks I've been spotting this meme everywhere. 
Create by Lynne @Fictionophile, the rules are simple:  Spell out your blog’s name in letters.
Find a book on your TBR shelf that begins with each letter.
(Note you cannot ADD to your TBR to complete this challenge – the books must already be on your Goodread’s TBR) or in my case my Mount TBR page and my Classics Club List #1 and #2 pages.
Have fun looking through your shelves to find matching titles.


Having just returned from an amazing three week trip to Japan, I should be writing reviews for the books I read whilst travelling.
But I'm still in holiday mode and couldn't be bothered!
I'd rather be planning which temple/shrine/castle/park to see next than planning a book response.
The best I can do right now is to play with my #MountTBR piles and hopefully work out what I'd like to read next.


B

Basil by Wilkie Collins




Romantic Outlaws: The Extraordinary Lives of Mary Wollstonecraft & Mary Shelley by Charlotte Gordon 




O Pioneers by Willa Cather 




Noah's Compass by Anne Tyler 




After the Circus by Patrick Modiano 




Shallows by Tim Winton 




Book of Fairy Tales by Angela Carter 




Old New York by Edith Wharton 




On the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin 




Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset 




Seldom Seen by Sarah Ridgard 

 Sadly, this was way too easy. 
Not even three O's could stump me!
Have you read of my TBR books?
Which one should I read next?

10 comments:

  1. Ahh this looks so fun, I'll have to give it a go myself! Wilkie Collins is one of my favourite Victorian writers and yet I've never heard of Basil - I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam @Roof Beam Reader first alerted me to the extensive backlist by Wilkie Collins a number of years ago. I've been slowly acquiring them ever since. Finding the time to read them is another matter!

      Delete
  2. Some very tempting titles here, Bronwyn! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I contemplated doing several lists for this as I could have easily done an Australian TBR list, a non-fiction list, a classics lists and a reading in translation list! Sad but true.

      Delete
  3. I can't say I've heard of any of these except two of the three Os. Someday, we'll have to compare notes on O! Pioneers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Cather's have been piling up ever since I read & adored My Antonia a few years ago. I hoping a Classics Club spin will get me to read another one soon :-)

      Delete
  4. Great list. The Collins looks interesting- I read a few of his but not this one. Darwin is on my TBR too- has been for a very very (very) long time but I want to tackle him this year. Romantic Outlaws is on my wishlist. I've rather a Cather quite a while ago with a book group- I think I did like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge isn’t it? Just lived it, although it took be some time to put it together. I have not read any of the books, but I have Lavransdottir on my TBR. many interesting aiuthors here. Would probably start with Romantic Outlaws. Two interesting women.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd go Tyler or Cather, but I'm also interested in Lavransdottir so might be keener on you reading that one so I can see what it's like!

    My blog name is FAR too long to do that, and I did look at just doing Adventures, but I don't have a V. Sigh.

    Oh, and welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about Japan!

    ReplyDelete

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.