I Am Reading:
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (readalong)
- Blakwork by Alison Whittaker (poetry)
- Circe by Madeline Miller (20booksof
- Strong in the Rain: Surviving Japan's Earthquake, Tsunami and Fukushima Nuclear Disaster By Lucy Birmingham & David McNeill (drop in)
Read But Not Reviewed:
- Mika & Max by Laura Bloom
Goodreads Reviews of Kids Books:
Despite the shorter long weekend Monday week, this week still felt like a full working week (i.e. trying to squeeze too many things into too short a time!)
However one of the nice things that got squeezed in on Wednesday night was a harbour cruise around the Vivid Sydney lights.
On My Radar:
- Paris in July (yippee! I have a couple of Maigret's, some more Guy de Maupassant short stories & a memoir by Herve le Tellier called All Happy Families to look forward to this July).
SummerWinter Reverse Readathon (8pm Friday 2nd August to 3rd August at 8pm, Eastern Standard Time - which means I will be reading in Sydney from 10am Saturday 3rd August until 10am Sunday 4th August)
- Moby Dick Readalong (August+)
Keeping An Eye On:
- Chernobyl - we've started recording it as our next series to get into now that Game of Thrones is done and dusted. The hard part will be making time to, you know, actually watch it!
- The weather - we have a lunchtime beachside wedding to attend tomorrow - how many layers will I need to feel warm enough and still look glamorous!?
Strange, But True:
- In Sydney people think it's a grand idea to have a beachside wedding in winter!
New To The Pile:
- Figuring by Maria Popova
- Ordinary People by Diana Evans
- Frankissstein by Jeanette Winterson
- The Heavens by Sandra Newman
- The Electric Hotel by Dominic Smith
- We Must Be Brave by Frances Liardet
- No Friend But the Mountain by Behrouz Boochani
- Gun Island by Amitav Ghosh
- Imperium by Robert Harris
- The Widows of Malabar Hill by Sujata Massey