Everything feels like a bit of a chore at the moment.
I have a backlog of un-reviewed books that I
should could be preparing a post for instead of fluffling around with this. Yet here I am, fluffing around with another post that does nothing to advance the reviewing situation!
The positive? I will, very soon, run out of my usual fluffing around posts and be forced to finish those review posts instead. Although, I'm probably due to write another Covid Chronicles, or an update on my progress for 20 Books of
Summer Winter, or lament the passing of Austen in August, or start thinking about AusReadingMonth in November, or, or, or....!
- Fracture | Andre Neuman (loving this a LOT so far)
- The Vanishing Half | Brit Bennett (just started - too soon to tell)
- Maisie Dobbs #13 The American Agent | Jacqueline Winspear (not as instantly cosy & comforting as I had hoped, but okay)
- The Fire This Time | edited Jesmyn Ward (my walking backpack read that comes with me to my favourite coffee shop on my days off work)
- War and Peace | Leo Tolstoy (finding the war scenes around the half way mark to be a bit dull to be honest)
Read, but not Reviewed:
- The Plague | Albert Camus
- The Gravity of Us | Phil Stamper
- Heartstopper Vol 2 | Alice Oseman
- The White Girl | Tony Birch
- Humankind | Rutger Bregman
- Homeland Elegies | Ayad Akhtar
New to the Pile:
- American Wife | Curtis Sittenfeld
- Loner | Georgina Young
- Pale Horse, Pale Rider | Katherine Anne Porter (Spanish flu short stories)
- The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas | Gertrude Stein
- The Last Migration | Charlotte McConaghy
- The Pull of the Stars | Emma Donoghue (Spanish flu in Ireland)
- An Odyssey | Daniel Mendelsohn
- Adam Bede | George Eliot
- The Narrow Land | Christine Dwyer Hickey
- Writing review posts.
- Constantly feeling tired.
- Winter blues.
- Cold, dark mornings and walking home in the cold & dark from work.
- Having to wear so many layers of clothing to feel warm.
- The extra washing each week thanks to said layers & coronavirus concerns.
- Scary electricity bills!
- Dry hands from using so much sanitiser.
- Mask etiquette.
- People who don't/won't social distance.
- Missing my friends.
- My new woollen moccasins for blogging in.
- My new beanie for wearing in the mountains.
- My new fleecy jacket for winter walks.
- Finally seeing snow fall around our house in the mountains.
- The new grand-puppy, Tony. A gorgeous King Charles Cavalier adopted by B23 and his GF.
- Season 2 of The Great. Huzzah!
- Season 4 of The Crown
- The winner of the 2020 Booker International Prize - fingers & toes crossed for The Enlightenment of the Greengage Tree by Shokoofeh Azar.
- My new silk masks that have been on order for a month.
- Readalongs that I could be tempted to join.
- By the 2020 Longlist announcement for the Booker Prize.
- A week off work on the coast with Mr Books in September.
- A small glass of muscat & a piece of dark chocolate when I finish this post.
- The electric blanket warming up my sheets before bedtime.
- A roadtrip.
|Sunday afternoon snow at our holiday home in the mountains!|