I'll start with the book pairings I have actually managed to combine in recent times.
- Only Happiness Here - Elizabeth and German Garden (both still to be reviewed)
- Vesper Flights - The Last Migration (both still to be reviewed)
- Fathoms - Moby-Dick
- Intimations - The Plague
- The Fire This Time - The Vanishing Half
But now comes your part!
I have some book pairings that I would like your feedback on.
- This year I watched The Great (tv series) - a tremendously fun romp around the court of Catherine the Great before she became Great! I would love to pair this book with some great non-fiction about her. Can you recommend any?
- In an opposite pairing request, I loved Hisham Matar's Month in Siena a lot earlier this year. I would love a good literary fiction also set in Siena, possibly about the art world or historical in nature. Can you recommend any?