Saturday 23 March 2013

He'll Be OK: Growing Gorgeous Boys Into Good Men by Celia Lashlie

It's quite simple really.

If you have a teenage boy in your life, then I strongly urge you to read this book from cover to cover. Now!

He'll Be OK is heart-warming, affirming, informative, humorous and thought-provoking.

Lashlie pulls no punches as she shares the insights she gleaned from her work on the Good Man Project in 25 boys schools in New Zealand.

Combined with her 15 years as a prison officer, Lashlie has had plenty of opportunity to see men and boys at their best and at their worst.

Her voice is authentic and no-nonsense. Her suggestions are balanced and focus on the positive. The whole way through this book, I felt like I was in the capable hands of a dear and trusted friend. I felt that Lashlie not only had my best interests at heart, but also those of my two gorgeous stepsons and my good, good husband.

I'll finish with a quote from the back cover...

"Do you think you'll ever have a life plan?"
No
"So how will your life sort itself out?"
Oh, that's easy. I'll be about 25 and some gorgeous-looking chick will walk past. She'll have a great plan, so I'll just hook onto her.

1 comment:

  1. I have a nearly teenager son, and have seen this book around, I'll put it on the TBR. I love that quote from the cover!

    ReplyDelete

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.