Monday 27 May 2013

Raven Flight by Juliet Marillier

I picked up my copy of book two in the Shadowfell series a little cautiously.

I enjoyed the first book, but was so disappointed with the cover and the marketing that I wasn't sure if I wanted to invest too much in continuing the series.

Fortunately Pan Macmillan have rethought the cover situation and have chosen an older looking jacket for Raven Flight.

But, of course, the cover has very little to do with what's going on inside. And once again, Marillier has swept me away into her world of little folk, evil kings and rebellion.

Neryn is a likeable, believable character. Her task as Caller to gain proficiency in her skills is the impetus for this novel as the rebels gather strength and develop their plans behind the scenes.

Some the events are a little predictable, but it's such an enjoyable, well-told story that it doesn't matter very much.

I will certainly read book three when it comes out.

Raven Flight is due for publication in Australia July 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.