Monday 29 September 2014

AusReading Month 2014


I'm back!

My little mini-break from daily blogging was just what I needed. 

I've been reading non-stop for the past few weeks, but with every book, a little stirring twinge would get my fingers twitching & itching for the keyboard. 

With every book future blog post ideas grew within me.

With every book Mount-To-Be-Read seemed like an exciting challenge again rather than the daunting pile from last month!

And now November is fast approaching, which mean it's time to get excited about AusReading Month once again.

AusReading month is a month long celebration of all things Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

It's your chance to read that Aussie classic you've been meaning to for ages.
Or perhaps this will be the opportunity you've been looking for to finally read your very first Aussie book. 

Either way - welcome aboard.

If you're not sure what to read during November - here's a few lists I compiled last year.

Booktopia Top 50 Australian books.

Geoffrey Dutton's Collection of Australia's Greatest Books.

Top 50 Australian Books to Read Before You Die.

You can also check out the tabs above for the Miles, Stella & CBCA award winning books or scroll down my labels list on the left to find the 'Australian' tags.

The AusReading Month Goal is simple - read as many Australian books as you can during November.

They can be fiction, non-fiction, children's, bio's, poetry, modern classics whatever - they just have to be Australian. 

You can team up your books with Australian music and movies or turn them into a travel journal - for those of you lucky enough to have visited our fine shores.

What will you be reading?

Let us know, share the love & spread the word...AusReading Month is back!

#ausreadingmonth
#bronasbooks



Later: 
I've just spotted this fabulous interview at Karen's Booker Talk in her View From Here series.
This month she chatted with Michelle from Whispering Gums about books & literature in Australia (the link for WG can be found on the right hand side of my blog under Australian sites). 
Lots of wonderful contemporary Aussie books get mentioned for those of you trying to add to your lists.

19 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to have you on board :-)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous29/9/14

    I read a few Australian YA books, so November will be the perfect time to post my reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have the YA genre well represented. I look forward to your reviews.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous29/9/14

    November and AusReading Month begins once again!
    Link is added and I'm ready to read an Australian Classic Book to add to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted you can join us again Nancy as our Dutch correspondent :-)

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you back Brona. And glad to hear that AusReading Month is coming back. I'll be away for part of November (and already have some nonAussie stuff lined up- I'll have to try and sneak some Aussie books in too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you off to this time? I love travelling vicariously through your snapshots!

      Delete
  5. Glad you enjoyed your break and I look forward to participating in AusReading Month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you can join us Cat :-)

      Delete
  6. Anonymous4/10/14

    I have The Spare Room to read in November. I'm planning to have a post up next week. Looking forward to a nice mix of Australian and German literature in November.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you along.
      I recently reviewed Helen Garner's latest book, This House of Grief, which I recommend highly. I'll be keen to read your review of The Spare Room.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous9/10/14

    You know ...I have to join this one! I am anyway bang in a middle of this huge project with my Australian counterparts and Phase 1 goes live in November...i mean this is fate!! I am spending have my days learning about overdue as against past due (as used in US/UK) and all kinds of fancy Aussie Banking terminology besides Ute and barbie and mulga! I am for sure reading The Dressmaker by Rosalie Ham and I will pick up some more as the month goes along!! Love the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosalie Ham is great - I hope you enjoy The Dressmaker as much as my friend Girl Booker did. She listed it as one of top 5 contemporary Aussie books in last years AusReading Month
      click here

      Delete
  8. Welcome aboard!
    Link up your post when you've decided on your 5 books so that others can see what you're reading too :-)

    I've heard good things about Lexicon too. Mr Books enjoyed Barracuda, but I haven't been in the right mood for it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope at least a collection of short stories by Barbara Baynton, a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous26/10/14

    The Mr Linky isn't appearing on my iPad, but I am joining this challenge and I cannot wait for the start of November so I can begin. My sign up post is here - http://lindylit.wordpress.com/2014/10/25/australia-reading-month/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindy - I fixed the error with Mr Linky and added your post.
      So glad you can join us :-)

      Delete
  11. Anonymous30/10/14

    I'm going to have a look for some Australian options in the 746 so I can take part!

    ReplyDelete

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.