Thursday 14 December 2017

My Life in Books (2017)

I'm struggling to settle to anything today. 
I'm bouncing from one thing to the next in a blur of summer heat and seasonal silliness. 
But then I spotted Adam's fun end of year meme, My Life in Books and I knew what I was doing for the next 20 mins!

Image source: Fotolia.com

The rules? Pretty simple: answer the questions with books you read this year!

In high school I was: Children of the New World (Alexander Weinstein)

People might be surprised (by): What I Loved (Siri Hustvedt)

I will never be: The Ladies of Missalonghi (Colleen McCullough)

My fantasy job is: The Ministry of Utmost Happiness (Arundhati Roy)

At the end of a long day I need: Solitude (Michael Harris)

I hate it when: (I feel like) The Boy Behind the Curtain (Tim Winton)

Wish I had: A Dangerous Language (Sulari Gentill)

My family reunions are: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck! (Mark Manson)

At a party you’d find me: Exit West (Mohsin Hamid)

I’ve never been to: Insomniac City (Bill Hayes)

A happy day includes: Reflection (Rebecka Sharpe Shelberg)

Motto I live by: Love and Friendship (Jane Austen)

On my bucket list is: (a) Journey to the River Sea (Eva Ibbotson)

In my next life, I want to have: Breakfast at Tiffany's (Truman Capote)

If you'd also like to avoid cleaning up the kitchen, writing a book review, or checking the mail, then join in the end of year, life in review, what books did I read this year fun with Adam @Roofbeamreader. 

I feel better already!

10 comments:

  1. Oh what fun. I'm grabbing this and doing it, too. Though I am afraid I will have trouble having title match the sentence starters. I like the way you worked in The Ladies of Missalonghi. I can't use it. I didn't read it this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had 2 spots for the Ladies - they were very nearly my company at the party!

      Delete
  2. This is so fun. If I get a chance I'll try to play as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun and just what I needed on Thursday!
      It was easy to find appropriate books and I could have probably put 2 books in for each question. SISTERS would have been a more accurate family option, but I went for rueful laughs instead :-)

      Delete
  3. Ha - a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could probably make a list just using Iris Murdoch titles!

      Delete
  4. This is great! I had so much fun creating my list too. I especially love your choices for "At a party" and "In my next life!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have used The Boy Behind the Curtain for the party option and I very nearly chose A Dangerous Language for my next life!

      Delete
  5. I couldn't resist doing this meme either--great answers, especially the answer to the party question!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've done thus meme too. and I had to smile when I saw that your fantasy job is at The Ministry of Utmost Happiness as mine is too, especially as neither of us enjoyed the book!

    ReplyDelete

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.