It's time for another CC Spin over @The Classics Club.
I have participated in ALL 19 spins. Let's make it 20!
The rules are easy: compile your list of 20 books by Monday - the 22nd April.
On that day a number will be randomly selected.
That's the book you read.
You have until the 31st May 2019 to finish your book and review it.
Yes, you read that date correctly!
Join in the fun by visiting the other players and commenting on their lists.
It's a great way to meet like-minded bloggers and explode your TBR classics wishlist!
CC Spin #20.
If you spot a match with your list, please let me know before the magic number is selected on Monday, I can then tweek my list to suit.
- Night and Day by Virginia Woolf shared read with Jessie @Dwell in Possibility
- Alexander's Bridge by Willa Cather shared author with Reese @Typings, Lisbeth @The Content Reader & Relevant Obscurity
- A Dance to the Music of Time: Spring by Anthony Powell
- Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens shared author with Jean @Howling Frog
- Coonaroo by Katharine Susannah Prichard
- Red Sky at Sunrise by Laurie Lee
- The Wonder Child: An Australian Story by Ethel Turner
- Virginia Woolf by Hermione Lee shared author with Emma@Words and Peace, Reese @Typings & Jessie @Dwell in Possibility
- 1788 by Watkin Tench
- The Makioka Sisters by Junichiro Tanizaki
- Petersburg by Andrei Bely
- Letters on Life by Rainer Maria Rilke
- Lives of the Caesars by Suetonius
- Basil by Wilkie Collins shared author with Book Tapestry
- Elizabeth Gaskell by Jenny Uglow shared author with Emma@Words and Peace
- Hiroshima by John Hersey shared read with Anne @My Head is Full of Books
- Edith Wharton by Hermione Lee shared author with Reese @Typings & Lisbeth @The Content Reader
- The Book of Tea by Kakuzo Okakura
- Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier
- The Cardboard Crown by Martin Boyd
My Previous #CC Spins:
Most of my spins have been successful and/or enjoyable.
I've also made my own fun by trying to read my books with other Classic Clubbers during many of the spins.
So far I have read:
CC Spin #1 (2013 #14) The Magnificent Ambersons with Cat @Tell Me A Story.
CC Spin #2 (2013 #6) Tess of the D'Urbervilles with JoAnn @Lakeside Musings & Several Four Many.
CC Spin #3 (2013 #4) My Cousin Rachel - hope to watch the movie soon.
CC Spin #4 (2014 #10) The Brothers Karamazov - I was flounderng about halfway through this chunkster, when I lost it during a move...serendipity, I say!
CC Spin #5 (2014 #20) The Odyssey with Plethora of Books - This one was a bit of a cheat as I had started it for another readalong, but was struggling to finish it. I added it to my cc list to motivate me. When no. 20 spun up it seemed like the gods had decreed it so!
CC Spin #6 (2014 #1) No Name by Wilkie Collins with Melbourne on My Mind.
CC Spin #7 (2014 #17) Silent Spring by Rachel Carson with Karen @Booker Talk - my first classic non-fiction spin.
CC Spin #8 (2015 #13) Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh - my one and only dud Spin read so far. Satire is not my thing.
CC Spin #9 (2015 #2) The Great World by David Malouf - my first Australian classic spin.
CC Spin #10 (2015 #5) A Far Cry From Kensington by Muriel Spark.
CC Spin #11 (2016 #19) So Big by Edna Ferber with Christy - we both experienced the joy of rediscovering a forgotten award winning classic.
CC Spin #12 (2016 #8) Dubliners by James Joyce - too depressing and hopeless for my state of mind at the time.
CC Spin #13 (2016 #15) The Catherine Wheel by Catherine Harrower - my second Aussie #ccspin classic.
CC Spin #14 (2016 #1) The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnet
CC Spin #15 (2017 #12) Out of Africa by Karen Blixen - a disappointment in the end. The movie was better.
CC Spin #16 (2017 #4) The Diary of a Provincial Lady by E M Delafield - a book that grew better with reflection & the passing of time.
CC Spin #17 (2018 #3) Far From The Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy reading with Tasheena @Dear Reader
CC Spin #18 (2018 #9) The Unicorn by Iris Murdoch - a curious choice with many, many layers and themes to explore.
CC Spin #19 (2019 #1) Eden's Outcast by John Matteson - a long journey, that I was ultimately glad that I had taken.
CC Spin #20 (2019 #19) Jamaica Inn
CC Spin #20 (2019 #19) Jamaica Inn